If you have a Max Remote you will first have to set the remote up to the proper frequency, Max will be clearly labeled on the back of the remote. If your remote came with your opener and there is no program button or Max label, simply press the learn button on your wall control twice or press once on the rear of your door opener if you do not have a learn button on your wall control (888LM). Now Press the button on your door remote that you would like to use, and done!
To delete all Codes in either style hold the learn button for 20 seconds, All codes have now been cleared!
PROGRAMMING THE 890MAX AND 893MAX
- Press and hold the program button on the remote control until the LED on the front of the remote control turns on.
- Press and release the remote control button you wish to use the number of times corresponding to the garage door opener type with a Learn button described below:
- To exit programming, press and release any remote control button except the button that was just programmed.
- Press and release the Learn button on the garage door opener or door control.
- Press the remote control button programmed in step 2 until the garage door opener lights flash or just hold 4 seconds. Test remote control.
If Your Garage Door opener is Mounted on the side of the door shaft, see the second video to program the remote directly from the wall control! You still have to follow the instructions of the remote if it is a Max but this prevents you from having to use a ladder