Install the Battery Backup (optional)
When in Battery Backup mode, wireless MyQ® devices and Timer-To-Close will be
If the optional Battery Backup is part of this installation it should be installed at this time. The Battery Backup can be mounted to either the ceiling or a wall within 3 feet (.9 m) of the garage door opener.
- Unplug the garage door opener.
- Position the Battery Backup on a structural support (ceiling joist or wall stud).
- Attach the Battery Backup to the support with the 1-1/2 inch lag screws (2) provided. There are mounting holes on either side of the Battery Backup.
- Connect the Battery Backup cord into the connector on the bottom of the garage door opener.
- Follow all instructions included with the Battery Backup to test for proper operation.