Our Products Increase Your Efficiency
Installed on the outside of windows, rollshutters and retractable screens will improve your energy efficiency. They are innovative, energy efficient products proven to enhance the quality of your indoor environment. That’s because they improve the thermal comfort conditions and reduce the risk of moisture condensation on window interior surfaces.
Rollshutters also protect the outdoor environment because they reduce the environmental carbon footprint of your home. This also reduces your dependency on non-renewable energy sources.
- Enhance the quality of your indoor environment
- Minimize your environmental carbon footprint
- Reduce the risk of moisture condensation on your windows
- Save money on expensive heating and cooling costs
If you are unsure whether rollshutters or Shade Screens are right for you, one of our friendly representatives would be happy to go over your specific needs and find the perfect energy efficient solution for you.
Exterior Screens are installed on the outside of your windows and are an effective means to create a cool and comfortable environment.
Retractable Screens reduce:
- Solar radiation
- Potential damage to furniture and flooring
- Solar overheating in summer
- Heat loss through windows in winter
- The risk of moisture condensation on the interior surfaces of both conventional and high-performance windows
- Environmental carbon footprint
Our Outdoor Screens stop the sun’s intense and harmful heat and glare before it reaches your windows and reduce the solar heat gain by 80% when compared to alternative window treatments, and save you money (NRCAN, 2009).
Retractable Screens are completely retractable using either a motorized or manual operation. With Talius Habitat Screens ™ you do not have to sacrifice your view!
Rollshutters are an effective solution to reduce solar overheating in summer and heat loss through windows in winter. Installed on the outside of your windows, rollshutters are insulated to absorb heat and cold, and will reduce your costly energy bills. Easily operated from the inside of the home and completely retractable, rollshutters are the informed choice for experiencing your home in style while reducing your environmental carbon footprint.
According to a recent study by the National Research Council of Canada (NRCAN), when used with conventional windows in old houses, rollshutters help reduce the window’s U-factor by up to 40%.
The Facts About Exterior Solar Shading
Talius rollshutters and Habitat Screens™ were selected by the National Research Council of Canada for a comprehensive study on the energy efficiency of exterior solar shading versus interior solar shading. The study concluded that Talius products are the most efficient at:
- reducing heating and cooling energy use,
- the on-peak cooling power demand,
- the moisture condensation on the interior surfaces of windows in your home.