The popularity of home automation has been increasing greatly in recent years due to much higher affordability and simplicity through smartphone and tablet connectivity. A home automation system integrates electrical devices in a house with each other. The techniques employed in home automation include those in building automation as well as the control of domestic activities. Devices may be connected through a home network to allow control by a personal computer, and may allow remote access from the internet. Through the integration of information technologies with the home environment, systems and appliances are able to communicate in an integrated manner which results in convenience, energy efficiency, and safety benefits.
Talius Rollshutters can be integrated with a variety of home automation systems. To assist in specifying the right solution for your clients, please use the following questions as a guide. After you have obtained answers to these questions, please contact Talius with this information and let us consult you on determining the appropriate motor and interface solution for your client.
- What is the name of the home automation system manufacturer?
- Is there an automation contractor involved?
- What is the application?
- Commercial or Residential?
- Windows and/or Doors?
- Are there concerns that the units might operate when a door, out opening casement or awning window is open?
- Provide a general description of what our products are being used for and the desired function
- How many rollshutter units are involved?
- What is the largest Rollshutter required for this project?
- What is the control configuration?
- Is individual control required?
- Is master control required?
- Is sub-group control required?
- How will the units be operated?
- Strictly by the building automation system, or does the customer desire additional switches or controls?
- Are there special control considerations?
- Does the client want remote control?
- Are weather sensors requested?
- Are times requested?
- Is there any resistance from the building owner or automation contractor to using a Radio Frequency system?
- Are there considerations with respect to radio reception, interference or range that might lead us to stick with a hard wired solution?
This is basic guideline for considerations when integrating rollshutters with a home automation system. If you have any further questions, please contact our Inside Sales team at email@example.com, or toll free at 800.665.5550.